PET NAT ROSÉ
Origin: Cafayate – Salta – Argentina.
- Vine’s altitude: 1.800 M.A.S.L. (5.900 FEET)
- Variety: Malbec 100%.
- Vineyard age: 30 years.
- Harvesting date: First fortnight February. By hand, in 15 kg (33 lb). Cases preselection in vineyard.
- Service temperature: Between 4º y 6º C (40-43 ºF)
- Conservation: 8 month in bottle.
Alcohol: 12,6 %
- Sugar: 3,5 g/lt.
- Elaboration: Pet Nat o Pétillant Naturel, means “naturally foamy”: an elaboration method that was born by accident in the XVI century in France. This ancient method ends in a foamy wine through one single fermentation, different from the traditional or Champenoise method in which two fermentations occur.
This characteristic is caused by its elaboration without aggregates, only accompanied transforming the sugar into alcohol in a gradual way. As it ends the fermentation in the same presentation that is commercialized. It is not filtered, therefore it presents a ¨fog¨ which is part of its natural expression and a characteristic of this method.
Ideal with summer hot evenings, with “fresh Rosé or informally with your partner”